Control a Sky box through a wall

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dblake, Oct 13, 2004.

1. dblake

dblake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm placing a flat TV in the Kitchen - no wires will be showing - I want to put an old Sky box into the garage behind the wall of the kitchen where the 15" flat TV will go. I have Sky plus in the main lounge and a 4 way LNB attached to the dish. I've got someone who will run the wire from the dish to the old sky box and I'll upgrade my service to take the extra signal. What I need is a way to control the Skybox from the old remote through the garage wall - obviously there's room for a cable as I've got to get power to tele. I'm looking for the smallest, most discrete eye to take the remote signal. I just want to control a second box via a remote, through the wall.

Hope you can help?

Regards

Dave

2. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    Various 'magic eyes' (TV Link) available, all pretty similar in apperance really. Connect it to RF2 and it'll be ticketyboo. :thumbsup: Tuck it away round the back of yer LCD, just enough to still receive the IR signal from the RC.

A. Dork

3. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    You need to a bit careful with the "magic eyes" they can be a bit temperamental with Sky and Sky+. I've got the QED Roomlink system which worked brilliantly with everything but Sky. I then found out that they do a special emitter for Sky/Sky+ and that has sorted out all the problems. So it's worth asking the question if they have any issues with Sky.