Control 4 pricing

Jimbob57

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Thinking about outing my Logitech harmony elite for a control 4 system. This would be just to control my av setup in one room.
I’ve just been quoted £2700 is this about right?
It’s for an ea3 +remote control. Installation and programming.
Is it really worth 12 times the price of the Logitech. Would be grateful for any feedback good or bad
Regards
JK

I can't say if it's a normal price for this C4 setup, but I do know that it's pricey! May I ask why you want to switch to C4 from Harmony? Controlling AV setup in a single room sounds like something the Harmony should be more than capable of.

Hi Hagur
The Harmony is a great piece of kit for the money and I am really pleased with it generally. Just sometimes it can be quite infuriating.
On occasions for some unknown reason the unit won’t control certain devices, this means I have to get the original r/c to get things back on track. Despite using both the on board help and trying to sort things out manually.
I then have to go through separate menus to turn the volume up/down because it’s on say the DVD player I then have to go to devices again to get to the processor to to do this simple operation.
Now before you say anything, I readily admit to being pretty useless when it comes to programming even the most basic stuff, so it could well be me that’s at fault!! Come in Control4 trained professional programmers..yes please, just not at that cost!!
Cheers
Jim

I then have to go through separate menus to turn the volume up/down because it’s on say the DVD player I then have to go to devices again to get to the processor to to do this simple operation.

This is what activities are for on the Harmony is it not?!

Yes it is, I just want to be able to turn the volume up/down and have a one touch operation.
As I say it could well be the programmer !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom