Control 4 DIY

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by cunnishaun, Sep 8, 2012.

1. cunnishaun

cunnishaun
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

Is there a way of buying control 4 products for a DIY install? If not, why not? Cheers

2. cunnishaun

cunnishaun
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can't seem to delete the thread or post!

Anyway I found the answer on the control 4 website.

"While Control4 is incredibly simple to use, system design and installation is for professionals only. To ensure you get the most from your Control4 system we sell through authorized dealers only who have gone through rigorous training with our technical staff."

So just out of interest how much do people pay for a system to control a/v, curtains/blinds, security and heating control for a semi detached 3 bed house? (rough price is expected).

Cheers

3. Linx08

Linx08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    Hi, it's very hard to give a standard cost as by its very nature custom install is custom to each client. It depends on how many light circuits you want to control, how many curtains/blinds you have, what areas you want sound and video distribution to, etc. As a rough idea I guess my own home is about as 'Control 4'd up' as you can get and it would be in the region of £16k. I have a 3 bed with home studio in the garage, office in the conservatory and lighting, etc in the garden too. Hope this very rough idea gives you something to go on.

Kind regards

Linx