Control 4 and Pioneer Bluray problem

alfa aficionado

Standard Member
Reaction score
Have a Control 4 system and trying to centrally locate the BDP-LX55; installer was unable to get the Control 4 system remote ( SR-250 ) to replicate the Pioneer remote, even when using the direct learning function of the former.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be going on or any suggestions for alternative control methods?

Strange did one awhile ago without any issues??

Well obvious questions does the pioneer respond to its own remote?

Have you set the pioneer either at the remote player or both to an alternate set of IR codes?

No idea if your pioneer has this feature but as an example most high end Sonys have 3 different code sets so if setting the control4 up you need it on the right one. Though that would not explain the failure of direct learning unless maybe you have somehow managed to get the player and the remote set to different code sets.

Are you using the control4 direct by IR as well or is there any IR to wired conversion from a remote sensor involved?

Well obvious questions does the pioneer respond to its own remote?

It does, which is why this doesn't make sense.

Are you using the control4 direct by IR as well or is there any IR to wired conversion from a remote sensor involved?

No, conversion - using one of the IR outputs on the back of the HC-300.

Why not use RS232 to control the LX55?

Only 2 serial ports on the HC-300 and both in use; 1 for lighting and the other controlling the multiroom amplifier. I know you can purchase an I/O extender but haven't looked into this avenue yet. What is the rough cost for these? (I'm not sure it would be worth it just for the LX-55? I had mentioned using a Dusky controller to add wired control of Sky HD but installer reckoned it wasn't necessary)

A wired IR input so an IR in socket or a blaster stuck over the sensor?

Is the blaster fusntioning? is it placed over the sensor correctly?

Yes I know these are the obvious but have to start there.

A wired IR input so an IR in socket or a blaster stuck over the sensor?

Is the blaster fusntioning? is it placed over the sensor correctly?

Yes I know these are the obvious but have to start there.

It's a blaster stuck over the sensor - think he tried a couple in case it was a problem with the blaster itself, as you suggest.

There is no wired IR control of the Pioneer (I think there might have been on earlier models); Unfortunately the 2 available serial ports on the HC-300 controller are taken up by lighting ans the multiroom amp.

Double up on 1 of the IR ports so 2x sources on 1 output? As long as the IR cables are not mega long and the source equipment is not the same IR commands you will be ok. I have done this on a few projects and works a treat.
Cheers

Sorry ignore last sentace, didn't read thread properly.

Last edited:
Hi sorry not replied quicker, IR bug on the front. I spent a bit of time creating my own IR driver for it but didn't have any issues. I tend not to use Pioneer if I can help it as I find it very awkward in its control. Plus their AVR's are just well odd. :)

When I set up one of these for a client I found that the IR bug had to be INCREDIBLY precisely positioned (some rotations in the same position would work, some wouldn't). Also had issues with power on and off not always working (and I couldn't find discrete codes).

Basically I'll be happy to never have to see another Pioneer again.

spocksbeard said:
When I set up one of these for a client I found that the IR bug had to be INCREDIBLY precisely positioned (some rotations in the same position would work, some wouldn't). Also had issues with power on and off not always working (and I couldn't find discrete codes).

Basically I'll be happy to never have to see another Pioneer again.

I know what you mean, I avoid Pioneer at all costs. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom