1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

contrast too high on TH42PHW6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bigboy9688825, Dec 18, 2003.

1. bigboy9688825

bigboy9688825

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a HD Panasonic 6 (AUS model) I find the contrast setting too high even on -30. How can I turn it down even further? Mine is a consumer model and doesn't have any 'advanced' control; only the basic Contrast, Brightness, Color, Tint, Sharpness. How can I access the secret 'advanced' or service menu. Anyone with the Australian model would be most helpful but willing to try the European method as well.

Thanks

2. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The advanced menu on my UK model isn't hidden (silver pw6 not hd), when you goto the setup screen the last option says 'advanced menus' yes/no. Just select 'yes' and you can then scroll onto another menu.

Other than that there's the service menu which is hidden but I don't know how to access it on the pw6. sorry!

3. Madders

Madders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I find it's a combination of the contrast and colour that brings the picture down to a realistic level. Take a look on the AVS forum in the plasma section, in the FAQ there is a thread called "steaming rat" follow those tips for a great realistic looking picture. I find a contrast of about -14 works well

Hope this helps!

Steve

4. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
  5. bigboy9688825

bigboy9688825

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the help. Anyway I manage to open the service menu--as described by jmack, into IIc mode. Can anyone have more information on how to adjust each setting help? (like how to adjust the R,G,B drive or R,G,B cutoff) I want to cut the input level of signal a little bit but just couldn't figure out how to do it!