1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

contrast and brightness adjustment

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Matinee, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matinee

Matinee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How is everyone adjusting their contrast/brightness adjustments on CRT systems, especially when driven by a HTPC?

Whilst I know ideally I need to use an AVIA test pattern, I've been adjusting using the Nokia test program, at least till I purchase AVIA (probably from dvdboxoffice?). Things still look a little brighter than I wish, and if I adjust to the appropriate level I get a bit of blooming on the blue tube which makes convergence harder.

I think what I'll do is set the contrast and brightness to the same setting then use the HTPC overlay to adjust the levels - is this what other people have done?

The downside of that is when I link the dreamcast up (I'm going to create a custom Dreamcast VGA box, with output to port 3 on the 1208 - there are circuit diagrams available for DC VGA output) the greyscale will undoubtedly be wrong, but frankly I'm not that fussed for a games console.

PK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.