contracted hours

Pizzalover1

Distinguished Member
Quick question my work contract is 173hrs per month usually 21days in. Yet because February is a short month we are being made to work extra hours, where do I stand on this

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Does it mention how many hours per day?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
I'm guessing you don't work Monday to Friday as there are twenty weekdays in February.

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
How does your shifts work? If you work a pattern that ‘usually’ has 21 days in a month there is surely going to be the odd month when that pattern will create more hours in the longer months?

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Then they are being idiots, if you do a shift system then it sorts itself out over the year. I presume your normal shift is 9.5 hours. Whomever has come up with this theory is an utter moron. It’s simple buddy maths. Any shift system you will do more in the long months and less in the short as all months aren’t the same. Tell me when your first shift started/starts and I will work it out each month.

Pizzalover1

Distinguished Member
Then they are being idiots, if you do a shift system then it sorts itself out over the year. I presume your normal shift is 9.5 hours. Whomever has come up with this theory is an utter moron. It’s simple buddy maths. Any shift system you will do more in the long months and less in the short as all months aren’t the same. Tell me when your first shift started/starts and I will work it out each month.

Thanks dude the start of my 5 on this month was 4th Feb.

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
How does your contract work out for holidays as It doesn’t equate. Let’s just look at what it should be. So the number of days you should work a month is 19. 365 days divided by 8 x 5=228.125 divide that by 12 for a monthly average is 19.01. So if you have to do 173 hours that equates to around a 9hr shift.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom