contract dilemma

dobbass

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
Need some advice;
I have renewed my 18 month contract with vodafone in july and opted not to have a new phone. Typically my phone is now playing up so i need to renew it. I have asked voda if I can upgrade by changing my tariff ( I need more minutes/texts anyway) and they won't do it? I just keep getting the response, 'you can't upgrade until you're within the last 90 days of the contract'. Which technically I do but surely there's some room for manouever even if they add the price of the handset onto my monthly charge?
Can anyone advise on how to move forward, preferably without having to leave and take out a new contract.

many thanks!
Dobbass

They may let you change your tarrif within the contract period, but if you didn't take a phone then did they give you a discount rate? If you can change tarrif then I expect the best thing to do would be to buy a payg phone to use till you can upgrade.

Thanks guys,
But i feared you would say that.
I did get a discount on my tariff but i'm happy for the to re-evaluate and increase to allow for giving me a new handset. Incidentally i received a cold call from vodafone asking if i would like to upgrade to n96 for extra 20 quid a month this would make my contract 30 quid a month with 600mins and unlimited texts. I was a bit worried that the offer was to good to be true so put the phone down and called them back ended up in upgrades and the denied ever offering me the deal! Should've bit his hand off at the first time of asking!
cheers!

Could always pop in to a Voda store, explain your situation and see what they can do for you?

Thanks I will call in and plead for a handset, what have i got to lose?

Final option is to get the phone insured and...........:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom