Continue with Sky HD box or ask for Sky Q?

Not a sky fan

Drop outs will continue on q regairdless of TOS link or hdmi

garbled audio/talking under water/audio break up call it what you will, will not occur on tos link but it’s only capable of 5.1. Greater numbers of speakers are not supported

whitesnake11

I am about to upgrade to Sky Q myself. I have been reading in this thread about audio drop outs. Can anyone tell me if it is just on HDMI or is it on Toslink as well. I will be using the Toslink output to my AV processor.
Go for it, I don’t know how many SkyQ boxes are out there, must be in the 100’s of thousands and most people enjoy the experience. Don’t forget the People who complain on forums are only a fraction of those who have SkyQ.

Not a sky fan

Correction. Those that complain on forums are only a fraction of sky customers who actually bother to do anything about it.

rs101

Go for it, I don’t know how many SkyQ boxes are out there, must be in the 100’s of thousands and most people enjoy the experience. Don’t forget the People who complain on forums are only a fraction of those who have SkyQ.
Upwards of 5 million Q boxes now - they outnumber the Sky+HD ones for subscribers.

whitesnake11

Correction. Those that complain on forums are only a fraction of sky customers who actually bother to do anything about it.
And you know that how?

Not a sky fan

And you know that how?
You qualify your statement…. how?

Upwards of 5 million Q boxes now - they outnumber the Sky+HD ones for subscribers.
Because plus boxes no longer available from sky. Cheaper see. More profit for sky. Less service to the customer

whitesnake11

You qualify your statement…. how?

Because plus boxes no longer available from sky. Cheaper see. More profit for sky. Less service to the customer
Where’s your evidence to support that complaints in forums are only a fraction of numbers who do anything about faulty Q boxes. You made that up. Now if you have evidence that many have problems and don’t bother to complain then post it, evidence it.

Not a sky fan

Are you real? Any ounce of inquiry will show you if there’s one complaint there’s umpteen per complaint that aren’t happy. Or have noticed an issue but don’t bother.

or more importantly can’t be arsed to battle though skys wall of gilded fences snd options on the phone line keeping you waiting for our on end. People give up

don’t be so nieve

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom