Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Contents insurance - with Plasma cover?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by TP2K, Jan 25, 2003.

1. TP2K

TP2K
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    - with the impending delivery of my LG plasma I checked out my home contents insurance to discover that MoreThan will only pay out a maximum of £1500 per single 'high risk' item. This is non-negotiable, and as such I am considering leaving them as my contents insurers next month once my policy is up for renewal.

My questions therefore;

- Does anyone here have their Plasma insured as a separate item, and possibly with a separate Insurer to your main contents insurer? If so, who?

- Does anyone here have a contents insurance policy with a 'high risk' item limit of nearer £3K? If so, who are the insurers?

TIA!

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Halifax broker an unlimited contents package. (it's with Royal & Sun alliance)

There are however "High risk" item limits within this. I can't remember the exact stages they rise in (something like £5,000 , £10,000 , £15,000 etc increments which you can specify). There is then a standard "high risk" single item limit of £2,000.(including accidental damage with my contents)

BUT

You can specify single "high risk" items larger than the £,2000 limit for additional premium.

I too specified a £3,000 plasma & the increase in premium for that was £23.59 for the year.
    There is a stipulation that you have a valid receipt for that item that pre-dates any loss claim (so keep the receipt handy)

3. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I recommend www.quotelinedirect.co.uk. I got a very good quote from them for my buildings and contents with Zurich. The policy I have covers electrical items up to £3000 unspecified (I checked it covers Plasma screens !) If more you can specify for a small amount. Also comes with all risks cover of up to £1500 for each item whilst out of the home Watches, Jewelery, laptop etc...

Very competetive as well

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I recommend www.quotelinedirect.co.uk. I got a very good quote from them for my buildings and contents with Zurich. The policy I have covers electrical items up to £3000 unspecified (I checked it covers Plasma screens !) If more you can specify for a small amount. Also comes with all risks cover of up to £1500 for each item whilst out of the home Watches, Jewelery, laptop etc...

Very competetive as well