Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Contemplating buying a Sony DCR-HC22?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by andy2000, Mar 7, 2005.

1. andy2000

andy2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need some advice please. I'm looking to pickup one of these new sony cams from Jessops. I have not been able to find a review yet as it fairly new (perhaps I just do not know where to look). Does anyone have any experience with this camcorder?

It will be my first camcorder and will be used for holidays, family functions and hobby use(motorsport). It looks to have everything I need dv in/out and decent optical zoom. One thing that worries me is I'll be using it in the states in a month, will a US to UK plug adapter be ok to charge the battery on this and my digi camera (panasonic fz20)?

Thanks.

2. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I bought one from Unbeatable a week or so ago for under £300. It's my first camcorder too and so far I'm reasonably impressed. Does everything I need it to and relatively straightforward to use via a simple touch-screen menu.

The only problem I'm having is transferring from PC to tape, Premiere Elements (demo) achieves nothing but the odd frame. Win Movie Maker is a little better but not stabel enough for me to put a 6min edit back onto the tape via DV in. Hopefully it's an issue with my PC and not the camera.

I'd buy it again.