• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Contemplating buying a Nokia E72

wsmhustler

Established Member
I currently have a Nokia E71 and am thinking about upgrading to a Nokia E72, mainly because of the new Ovi Maps being released.

Is it worth me upgrading? Are the differences between the two models enough for me to warrant shelling out the money?

Uridium

Distinguished Member
I currently have a Nokia E71 and am thinking about upgrading to a Nokia E72, mainly because of the new Ovi Maps being released.

Is it worth me upgrading? Are the differences between the two models enough for me to warrant shelling out the money?

In a word I'd say no.

Ovi Maps 3.3 will be released for S60FP1 handsets given time.

Other than that it has a 5mp camera over the E71 3.2mp.

wsmhustler

Established Member
When do you think that the Ovi maps will become available for the E71 then?

What about the reputed faster processor, trackpad, design, etc?

stevemcc

Standard Member
Hi wsmhustler

We have both the e71 and e72 within the household and in my opinion unless your recieving the phone for free I woudn't bother.
Yes the e72 is nicer, it feels faster opening and closing apps and the trackpad is a nice touch but the overall feel is that its the same phone with enhancements.
One bonus with the e72 is that you can use SDHC microSD cards up to 32Gb.

Uridium

Distinguished Member
Hi wsmhustler

We have both the e71 and e72 within the household and in my opinion unless your recieving the phone for free I woudn't bother.
Yes the e72 is nicer, it feels faster opening and closing apps and the trackpad is a nice touch but the overall feel is that its the same phone with enhancements.
One bonus with the e72 is that you can use SDHC microSD cards up to 32Gb.

I have a 16gb card in my E71. I imagine it will happily accept a 32Gb card. The manafacturers Max card size supported spec is usually limited purely due to the max card size tested when the phone was released.

chrism_scotland

Prominent Member
Its a nice phone the E72 but its very much just an upgrade of the E71 nothing major, but as a new Nokia customer I bought the newer E72 over the E71.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom