Contemplating a PS4......Some advice needed.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
So would you just sign into the console with foreign account, to then see games ready to install, set it to install and then once it's on console any ID signed in can play it, hence re-sign in on main account and job done....?

Yes. You just have to set that account as Primary for that PS4. Primary is 'Home'
I have a US account but don't use it now to be honest as I game share with the same guy on Xbox so get half price games anyway.

To be honest you might just be better off waiting for deals.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Yes. You just have to set that account as Primary for that PS4. Primary is 'Home'
I have a US account but don't use it now to be honest as I game share with the same guy on Xbox so get half price games anyway.

To be honest you might just be better off waiting for deals.

Ok cheers, but given @MJC UK mentioned getting US and Canadian accounts set up, can you have more than one account set as primary / home for the same console then, hence they'd all work?

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Yep you can have UK, US and CA accounts all set as Primary on your PS4 and play the games on your normal UK account. Only gets messy if you then decide to game share.

CaptnSpaulding

Hi mate. Yeah we had some good laughs. Did you get rid of your xbox, or do you now have both?

I've not pressed the button yet as debating options. Originally planned on a 500gb, but now some 1tb bundles with HZD and Uncharted 4 for £280 or £270 at Shopto seem a good deal so was set on that, but now being tempted by a pro for longer term outlook as £350 with HZD in some places, and £350 with HZD and infamous SS at GAME....

I intend grabbing Scorpio to cover multi plats and I have large digital library on Xbox so really don't need a pro as will be exclusives and freebies only pretty much, plus I'm only on 1080p for the foreseeable....but it's tempting and might bug me if I don't get one.

Also since planning on getting one and seeing new wipeout due in June, I've really gotten back into Wipeout HD on my PS3... I was going to trade it in, but now debating keeping it while enjoying playing wipeout until June when the new game hits, plus by then E3 may have led to a price drop for the pro to combat Scorpio making that a more realistic proposition..... The flip side is getting one past the misses now will be more viable as it was my birthday last week so can use that as an excuse, lol.

Dilemmas.... I'm away this week but the most likely option at this point is to just grab the 1tb slim with U4 and HZD as I know I really don't need a pro... May order from Currys and collect when back home to make sure I don't miss out on the deal if the bundle ends. Lots of places doing it so obviously being promoted by Sony, hence they could stop it at some point and I'd be kicking myself if so.

Are you set up with a decent 4K tv for your pro?

I got rid of my Xbox mate sadly. My Xbox Live ran out and I was just getting fed up of the slowness of the Xbox menus and the downloads/installs. Coming from a PS4 it infuriated me haha. The only thing I do miss is having instant access to my captures on a website as that feature isn't available on the PS4 unless you manually upload them somewhere.

I would recommend a Pro, especially as there's a deal to get a free copy of HZD currently but it's a timed offer I believe (for easter?). It's not just to make graphics prettier, but will run your 1080p games better and cut down loading times etc. Obviously this is dependant on your budget but I think the GAME offer is the best currently unless Very have an offer on similar to when I got mine where they credit you £50 back after 2-3 months.

Yeah I have a Samsung KS7000 hooked up to my Pro. I honestly couldn't go back now haha.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
You should definitively look into getting a US and Canadian account set up. Uncharted collection, TLOU, Dishonored DE and a few others can be had for around £6 currently - you've just missed out on Uncharted for £12 too

Cheers for the heads up on this. Not yet grabbed a PS4 and I thought I'd missed the boat on exclusive bargains after the uk sale ended, but I've set up US account and bought both TLOU and Uncharted collection. Wasn't previously bothered by UC, but as its a bargain and I've never played the 3rd I added it.

Going to get more credit and also grab Driveclub with season pass bundle from US also as only $20, so works out half the UK cost.

Keep changing my mind as to which ps4..... Was definite for 1tb slim with U4 and HZD, but last night changed mind to Pro with HZD.....but now reverted back to slim! Bloody nightmare. Was thinking pro for future proofing if / when I get a 4K Tv, but that could be years away tbh, so don't think I'll splash the extra and stick to my original plan.

Away this week but think I'll order later today so it's done, before bundle offer may change, and collect when home at the weekend.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Now ordered!

1tb slim with U4 and HZD to collect on Saturday and waiting to download will have TLOU, Uncharted collection, Driveclub +sp..... Should keep me going for a while.

Cheers for all the info people. :thumbsup:

MJC UK

Now ordered!

1tb slim with U4 and HZD to collect on Saturday and waiting to download will have TLOU, Uncharted collection, Driveclub +sp..... Should keep me going for a while.

Cheers for all the info people. :thumbsup:

I think you've made the right choice. I've never thought that a game looks terrible or that load times are too long. I have thought that the console could be quieter and smaller though :)

I need to get HZD too - I'll wait until it's sub £20 though

tp_z

Hi guys,

Just a quick Q.. looking into getting a ps4 but I won't be using it for much gaming (certainly won't be utilising much of the Pro's power or the 4K)

Is there any difference in speed on loading etc on Now TV, Prime Video and Netflix? Or are they generally quite slick anyway?

Not sure getting a pro for speed of apps is really worthwhile over a slim

Thanks

MJC UK

Hi guys,

Just a quick Q.. looking into getting a ps4 but I won't be using it for much gaming (certainly won't be utilising much of the Pro's power or the 4K)

Is there any difference in speed on loading etc on Now TV, Prime Video and Netflix? Or are they generally quite slick anyway?

Not sure getting a pro for speed of apps is really worthwhile over a slim

Thanks

I haven't used the Pro, but there's certainly no issue using them on my original version

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom