Contaminated blood inquiry?

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
Why the hell has it taken nearly 50 years for this to just be starting now?
People were infected with hepatitis C or HIV in the 70's and 80's by contaminated blood products and have been treated quite shabbily by successive governments and I believe at least 2000 gave died yet only now is there going to be a public inquiry and being British will last years.

Last edited:

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
Not transfusions, as still widely incorrectly reported, but contaminated blood products Factor VIII & Factor IX (clotting agents)
Edited my post and thanks but it does not answer my question?

krish

Distinguished Member
Can't answer it. It sucks, same old story with Bloody Sunday, Hillsborough etc etc.

Further info (that doesn't answer your question, sorry), those blood products were sourced from the US, mostly produced from the plasma of paid blood donors (dirty needle IV drug addicts attracted to paid blood donation).

maddy

Distinguished Member
Put simply, the State didn't want to wash its dirty laundry in public. It's a monumental failure of governance, including direct involvement as one of the companies manufacturing the products was owned by the State (BPL).

Lots of documents relating to the period were destroyed. David Owen has been campaigning on this for years.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
It's all about the Benjamins.

£££££

mitch1922

I’m one of those victims...it’s been a massive coverup

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom