Quantcast

Consumer Rights question.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
Returned a pair of faulty earpods and refund via Paypal has been issued.
The company seems to think that they are mot liable for the return postage of £7.40 as they wanted them sent back first class tracked.
I wonder if I can do something via Paypal the original payment method or what should my next step be?
I have pointed out my rights under the Consumer Act 2015 but the company is having none of it as yet.

reiteration

are they uk based?

I had the same hassle with a clothing company as the tops I ordered were too small, the small print said I had to return items using their returns label and pay something like 7 quid..! I said no way and that I'd use royal mail, they relented and I got a refund... thing was I got the tops in a sale and were only 15 quid..!!

Skull n Bones

PayPal will pay your return postage costs up to 12 times per year. In your Activity list, click on the purchase and select Request return - shipping refund and upload a photo of your receipt. Comes in very handy as you can post recorded delivery for free.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
are they uk based?

I had the same hassle with a clothing company as the tops I ordered were too small, the small print said I had to return items using their returns label and pay something like 7 quid..! I said no way and that I'd use royal mail, they relented and I got a refund... thing was I got the tops in a sale and were only 15 quid..!!
Think so but not sure, The company is called The Pod Store and the return address is Croxley Green, Herts.

nheather

Distinguished Member
How long have you had them. I couldn’t find any definite guidance but the suggest is that if the goods are dead on arrival or fail shortly after then the retailer should pay the return postage. However, if the fault has developed some time later than it is less clear and it is usually down to what the retailer says.

I think the magic period is 30 days from receipt because within that time the consumer law says that faulty goods can be rejected as not fit for purpose.

Cheers,

Nigel

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
How long have you had them. I couldn’t find any definite guidance but the suggest is that if the goods are dead on arrival or fail shortly after then the retailer should pay the return postage. However, if the fault has developed some time later than it is less clear and it is usually down to what the retailer says.

I think the magic period is 30 days from receipt.

Cheers,

Nigel
Less than 14 days.

deans6571

Think so but not sure, The company is called The Pod Store and the return address is Croxley Green, Herts.
I hope you didn't buy these off the back of one of my posts some time ago because I also bought some of these from this website and let me tell you, they were complete and utter trash!

They had red and blue flashing lights all over them, they felt VERY cheap in terms of quality and the sound quality was dire.

I posted multiple sh*te reviews on them, on their facebook page warning other potential buyers NOT to purchase due to the shocking quality......

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
I hope you didn't buy these off the back of one of my posts some time ago because I also bought some of these from this website and let me tell you, they were complete and utter trash!

They had red and blue flashing lights all over them, they felt VERY cheap in terms of quality and the sound quality was dire.

I posted multiple sh*te reviews on them, on their facebook page warning other potential buyers NOT to purchase due to the shocking quality......
No I didn't but I wish I had as it might have saved me the time and money. But totally agree with your review. In their favour they were pretty quick to refund the original cost.

Edit: I see they edit their Facebook page to remove any comments they don't like.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
PayPal will pay your return postage costs up to 12 times per year. In your Activity list, click on the purchase and select Request return - shipping refund and upload a photo of your receipt. Comes in very handy as you can post recorded delivery for free.
Cheers mate, worked a treat.

We're pleased to inform you that your request for a refund of £7.40 for your return shipping costs will be deposited directly in your PayPal account balance within 5 working days from today.

A maximum of 12 requests are allowed per person during this calendar year.

Thank you for using our service.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal & TELUS International

Do you know if they go after the company for this as the company would not budge on this at all.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Cheers mate, worked a treat.

We're pleased to inform you that your request for a refund of £7.40 for your return shipping costs will be deposited directly in your PayPal account balance within 5 working days from today.

A maximum of 12 requests are allowed per person during this calendar year.

Thank you for using our service.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal & TELUS International

Do you know if they go after the company for this as the company would not budge on this at all.
I would imagine they would .....

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
It seems that Paypal do go after the firms that do not repay legitimate return postage due as I have just had an email from them telling me the company have paid the £7.40 due. :)