Consumer advice

bairdyboy1980

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for abit of advice.

Bought a b&q bath tap with shower attachment on 31st may 2013. Got matching basin taps too on the same day.

The bath tap connection has stuck and is faulty. Checked the b&q website and they don't stock that tap anymore.

When i go for a different bath tap it won't match my basin taps! B&q won't refund my basin taps as they are working and fitted.

Am I being unreasonable?

Hi all,

Looking for abit of advice.

Bought a b&q bath tap with shower attachment on 31st may 2013. Got matching basin taps too on the same day.

The bath tap connection has stuck and is faulty. Checked the b&q website and they don't stock that tap anymore.

When i go for a different bath tap it won't match my basin taps! B&q won't refund my basin taps as they are working and fitted.

Am I being unreasonable?

No you're not, but the B&Q staff are just following their rules. You won't get anywhere unless you speak to a manager. I'd imagine this isn't a unique scenario so I'm sure you'll reach a resolution.

I don't think you're being unreasonable per se but unfortunately I don't think there's anything in the consumer legislation that obliges B&Q to replace working items on the basis that they match (aesthetically) a faulty item.

(I'm not an expert/lawyer but I spent several months studying SOGA and consumer law this year as a part of my post grad in procurement so I have a reasonable understanding).

Of course no harm in hassling them for a resolution.

Can't the other Taps suddenly become faulty as well ?????

The bath tap connection has stuck and is faulty.
What does this mean?

With a bit of digging (B&Q may even tell you) you should be bale to find the tap manufacturer. They are likely to carry spares if a part can solve the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom