Construction out of hours

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gamingboy, Feb 22, 2013.

1. gamingboy

gamingboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Hi All,

Got builders working on new builds behind us. Havering council states Mon-Fri 8am - 6pm. Sat 8am - 1pm. No work on Sundays.

Now the last couple of weeks they've been starting earlier and earlier. It was 7:55, 7:50 etc. Now this morning it's 7:30. Last Sunday I went to see them and asked if they had a permit to work Sundays. Guy said I don't know. I'll ask the boss. I told them quite clearly they're not allowed and asked them to quit the early starts and Sundays. Even said I understand you want to earn a days money etc and I'd rather deal with it fairly then get you into trouble. They said thanks and no problem.

I'm a reasonable person, but quite clearly they have ignored me. So I went to phone the council this morning and they don't open until 9am. Has anyone had similar and got a best way of going about this?

The weekdays it only wakes me up an hour early. The Sundays is just too much. I'm actually feeling tired all week due to disturbed sleep.

The fact Havering's noise department isn't open doesn't give much hope of getting them caught in the act.

2. Derkster

Derkster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    Speak to the builder of the homes and ask for their site manager.

3. airjordan23

airjordan23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Maybe get yourself a set of earplugs? Can't blame the lads on site for trying to earn a living,they are lucky they have work with the construction industry in such a mess.

4. Saldawop

Saldawop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,061
    Well you can blame them. The rules state that they can only work between certain times. They are breaking those rules, causing a nuisance to nearby residents.

5. gamingboy

gamingboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    If you read my post properly you see that I tried to be reasonable with them. But yes. We'll sit there all day Sunday with ear plugs in.

6. hutch

hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,224
    We have been through this. Speak to the site supervisor and if they don't stop definitely involve the council. It's bloody annoying having sleep broken we had them starting at 7 then it went to as early as 5:30 before i snapped, it's out of order.

7. Duncan G

Duncan G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +758
    Look on the bright side, the sooner they start, the sooner the work is finished. :smashin:

8. NewfieDrool

NewfieDrool
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,154
  9. W0LFIE

W0LFIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +964
    Long time ago they were buidling next door to my girlfriends apartment block and one Sunday took it upon themsleves to start using diamond cutters at about 6:30am.

I didn't hesitate - got up and went next door in my boxers and gave their site manager hell... & it worked.

I'm all for people having jobs and being able to put bread on the table but I'm pretty confident not one of those builders would have been happy for me to use a diamond cutter outside their bedroom window at 6:30am on their day off.:lesson:

A friend of a friend once went overboard and actually stormed into a church one Sunday morning in just his pants and screamed for them to stop ringing the f-ing bells.

10. SBT

SBT
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,831
    They probably don't have the same rules in Poland as we do here :laugh: