Constant blurry pulse when mirroring to Hisense 43AE7200F

NaiveFox

Novice Member
I reported this to Hisense's support with (surprise, surprise) no results or solutions beyond the generic answers. So I bring it here hoping someone has the same problem and knows of a workaround.

The problem is this: When I mirror the screen to my Hisense TV it transfers well and I can share any video or content. But every second (continuously and exactly every second) the image blurs slightly as if trying to adjust, for a tenth of a second or so. It's really short but definitely noticeable (specially on static images, not so much on videos) but it's so constant it's enough to make it really annoying.

Now to the specs:
The TV is fully updated and I've tried connecting it to the router through Wi-Fi and cable. Problem occurs both ways.
The desktop is a 4700k I7 with a 1080TI running a W10 21H1. It's connected by cable to the router, but since it needs Wi-Fi to discover and connect to the TV, I bought a TLink Wi-Fi adapter for it. It's on 1920x1080 @ 60hz, but I've tried changing both resolution and refresh rate to no avail, nor did changing the casting mode from mirroring to anything else.
The signal strength at the desktop's location is pretty strong, in fact, aside the blur problem it never lags and it streams smoothly.

Now to the funniest part, some of the tests I performed:
-Shared screen from android smartphone from desktop's location to Hisense TV: No blurring
-Shared screen from laptop with W10 21H1 from desktop's location to Hisense TV: No blurring
-Shared screen from laptop with W10 21H1 from desktop's location using the TLink USB adapter the desktop is using to Hisense TV: No blurring
-Shared screen from desktop from same location and with the same TLink adapter to a LG TV at the Hisense TV's location: No blurring
-Shared screen from desktop from same location and with the same TLink adapter to the laptop at the Hisense TV's location: No blurring
-Shared screen from desktop with the same setup as the last two examples to the Hisense TV: Blurring appears

It's driving me crazy because based on the results I don't know if I should be blaming the desktop, the tv, or something else entirely. So here are my two main questions:

1.-Does anyone know what could be causing the blur every exact second only when streaming from the desktop to the Hisense TV?
2.-Is it really possible to cast from a desktop PC to a TV through a cabled connection. I read Miracast should switch to cable if available (Miracast over infraestructure) and both desktop PC ant TV are currently cabled to the router, but after the initial discovery of the TV through Wi-Fi Direct it just keeps using that instead of switching to Ethernet. Anyone Knows if that is really possible and how to achieve it?

Thank you very much!

Ps: If Possible I'll upload a video later showing the blur, I don't have it available right now.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom