• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Consolidate Wii & PS3 into XBOX 360?

Calzor Suzay

I have a Wii for mucking about in front of the TV with the other half and friends, I'm not a gamer by any means the other half uses it for fitness games.
The PS3 is purely for media (Photo & Movie) streaming from my PC which is on all the time and over a wired network.

I'd like to consolidate both units into the one Xbox360 with kinnect, the connect for Wii but my main concern is media streaming, I currently use PS3 media server which I assume would still work with the Xbox, if it does I don't see any reason why the full functionality wouldn't be there and it wouldn't matter what format the file is in as the PC is doing all the work?
Also is the 360 effected or going to limited by Cinavia in any way?

itsmynewname

Xbox does work with ps3 media server but is limited in what it will stream. If you want mkv files then forget it . Best thing I could suggest is the route I took, Xbox and a popcorn hour.

DJSigma

Banned
itsmynewname said:
If you want mkv files then forget it .
The 360 can stream MKV files via PS3 Media Server and numerous other similar apps. In fact, you can install the DivX Plus codec on a Windows 7 PC and stream MKVs to the 360 through Windows Media Center without using apps like PS3 Media Server if you want to.

The 360 is not affected by Cinavia.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom