1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

consoles on lcd,s

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by strontiumdog, Dec 19, 2004.

1. strontiumdog

strontiumdog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive heard that consoles can cause screen burn on lcd,s.has anyone had this problem.im to scared to play halo 2 in case this occurs.in the manual it says to turn brightness levels down and contrast.and do i have to use the scart assigned to consoles or can i use any.obviously with the contrast and brightness turned down the pictures not to good.help

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I play my XBox and GC regularly on my lcd tv and haven't had any problems. Didn't think there was a problem with lcd screen burn!? :confused:

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    As Rob20 has said, LCD screens do not suffer from screen burn.
    The only modern screens that are really in danger from screen burn are plasma screens.

Mark.

4. JonStatt

JonStatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +446
    Actually an LCD CAN get screen burn but you would REALLY have to try hard to do it. Perhaps leaving an image for days and days might do it. For example, I had a laptop where the Microsoft Office toolbar was always in the same place. A couple of years later when I moved it, I found that there was a permanent burn-in.

For normal use, including playing consoles for a few hours, you won't have any screen burn.

Jonathan