Console LAN gaming lounge

SimonHod

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello folks

I'm on the hunt for anywhere in the country that does 360 and /or PS3 LAN gaming. Not necessarily on an individual event basis but something like a 'gaming lounge' for want of a better word. I am of course aware of many PC based internet/gaming cafe type places, but the console side of it interests me.

Anyone know of any? Are they any good? If there are none do you reckon its something you would go to if it existed locally? Or does xbox live and broadband home internet make the concept irrelevant? I'm thinking of somewhere with comfort like your lounge at home but with consoles aplenty, HD all the way, open everyday.

Just trying to get the thoughts of those most dedicated to the gaming cause!

Cheers for any incite

Simon

What scale are you looking at?

Just invite some mates over and have some 4-way battles. And dig out the N64 whilst you're there, you can't have any kind of console playing session without Goldeneye / Mario Kart / Mario Party :D

Cheers for the reply Dave. I could do that for sure. I was wondering if there was anywhere that catered for this kind of thing from a commercial sense. Would any of you folks out there go to somewhere for the social aspect? With your mates and to meet like minded gamers. Even if you had to pay to play? Might be a good night out with some beers. I'm kind of wondering whether there is anywhere in the country that does it! I cant seem to find anything like what I describe in the UK....

Cheers for any thoughts!

S

I've often wondered about somewhere like that, but I've still never seen one. I'd always thought a bar with a bunch of 360s upstairs linked up would do a good trade... I know I'd be there!

Cheers for the reply Dave. I could do that for sure. I was wondering if there was anywhere that catered for this kind of thing from a commercial sense. Would any of you folks out there go to somewhere for the social aspect? With your mates and to meet like minded gamers. Even if you had to pay to play? Might be a good night out with some beers. I'm kind of wondering whether there is anywhere in the country that does it! I cant seem to find anything like what I describe in the UK....

Cheers for any thoughts!

S

I know what you mean, all the ones I've heard of have been PC ones rather than consoles. My housemate organises them from time to time (for PCs that is) and he usually bags his local church hall for not too much "rent." In fact, I think he only pays for electricity + heating bills.

If you live near to a village hall or church hall it may be worth a try asking the owners of them whether they'd let you have a console "gaming lounge" for a night to trial it? (don't say "party", or they'll immediately think young people + plenty of booze!)

Cheers for the replies once again. All useful info. I had looked at Omega Sektor, it looks like they have put something decent together. I'm likely to be looking at smaller scale for sure. Gaming bar and lounge sounds good to me too! I wonder how many others out there would agree?

Hmm, lots to think about, thanks for the idea too Dave, I will definately look into the possibility. If nothing else it ought to be a good gauge of interest...

IMO these things never really take off. They used to work before everybody had a decent internet connection at home, but now online gaming is very easy to setup and use and lots of people have broadband of some sort, I can't see a LAN place doing so well.

Now, if you had some type of pub/bar where young lads could have a good few drinks along with a LAN room they could use, you might get somehwere.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom