• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Console Golf: WiiMotionPlus or PS Move?

KingersF

Standard Member
Hi All,

We have a Wii and a PS3, does anyone have any experience with playing golf with the motion controls?
Which do you think is best? And as a side-bar which game do you suggest? Is it Tiger Woods all the way?
Thanks.

[email protected]

I both systems, and don't use the motion control for any golf games (ok with wii you don't get much choice). For me the systems don't replicate the swing well enough to be considered to be worthwhile..... I just get more frustrated that the interpretation of my swing than with playing the game.

If you want a good evening of golf and drink then I'd definitely be using ps3 tiger woods ... And to be honest if your playing local games with friends then pick up a 2nd hand older version for peanuts.

KingersF

Standard Member
I both systems, and don't use the motion control for any golf games (ok with wii you don't get much choice). For me the systems don't replicate the swing well enough to be considered to be worthwhile..... I just get more frustrated that the interpretation of my swing than with playing the game.

If you want a good evening of golf and drink then I'd definitely be using ps3 tiger woods ... And to be honest if your playing local games with friends then pick up a 2nd hand older version for peanuts.

I don't play 'proper' golf so I wonder if I'd notice the difference from reality? The feel of swinging a short controller must be very different to an actual club so perhaps it's only a dream to expect any simulation without one of the expensive golf simulators.

I do agree about picking up an older game though, TW 2014 is out now with a very high price tag.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom