Console gaming with a judder

Darksum

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently bought the LG 47LM670T and I've found it to be spectacular so far. Until my partner went shopping for the day and I took my Xbox 360 for a spin on it.

I've noticed that it judders quite a lot, kind of like lag. For instance playing FIFA, whenever the goal keeper boots the ball it is a real noticeable lag effect. Also I was playing battlefield 3 and I notice some kind of horizontal lines the whiz up from the bottom of the screen to the top really quickly when I am moving about. Another instance to help explain it is that in the battlefield equipment selection your character appears from the right of the screen to stand in the middle, in what is suppose to be a smooth slide effect but on my tv it judders along.

I've played with my Xbox console settings, the only thing I found to change was the screen size, for some reason the Xbox picked it up as 70" when it is only 47". I've made sure its on 1080p and hdmi is selected, nothing much more to check I don't think.

I'm not really all the clued up on TV set up so I am wondering if you guys will know of any settings that may help my problem?

Many thanks, this is my first tv larger than 32" and I am gutted it plays as bad as this:(

Sounds like input lag to me, sorry.

Hi all,

I've recently bought the LG 47LM670T and I've found it to be spectacular so far. Until my partner went shopping for the day and I took my Xbox 360 for a spin on it.

I've noticed that it judders quite a lot, kind of like lag. For instance playing FIFA, whenever the goal keeper boots the ball it is a real noticeable lag effect. Also I was playing battlefield 3 and I notice some kind of horizontal lines the whiz up from the bottom of the screen to the top really quickly when I am moving about. Another instance to help explain it is that in the battlefield equipment selection your character appears from the right of the screen to stand in the middle, in what is suppose to be a smooth slide effect but on my tv it judders along.

I've played with my Xbox console settings, the only thing I found to change was the screen size, for some reason the Xbox picked it up as 70" when it is only 47". I've made sure its on 1080p and hdmi is selected, nothing much more to check I don't think.

I'm not really all the clued up on TV set up so I am wondering if you guys will know of any settings that may help my problem?

Many thanks, this is my first tv larger than 32" and I am gutted it plays as bad as this:(

Hi to play games without lag you need to choose game mode in picture settings, then rename input hdmi for xbox to game. this is done by selecting input scroll to xbox hdmi press red button and select game from the selection.

Hi to play games without lag you need to choose game mode in picture settings, then rename input hdmi for xbox to game. this is done by selecting input scroll to xbox hdmi press red button and select game from the selection.

This really works? I didn't think the renaming the name of the source input would actually change any settings except for helping you navigate through them?

Defiantly going to try it come morning though, appreciate the feedback:)

You may want to try renaming the input to "PC" I have heard this does wonders on LG TV's. You may also want to turn off as many picture "enhancements" as possible as they tend to do little for the picture and induce even more input lag.

Also I am not sure why the X360 says you have a 70" TV. I don't think that this this information is sent to the console, only the resolution and refresh rates supported. I doubt the TV is aware (so to speak) of its panel size other than the aforementioned resolution and refresh rate info. I could be wrong though. One thing to make sure IS on though is 1:1 scanning or whatever the LG equivilent is to make sure you are seeing all of the image and it is not overscanning the picture.

Good luck.

renaming the source won't help unless LG have some weird firmware where the name defines how it works...

You can select a mode for an input e.g game, cinema, sport ....game mode will normally turn of picture enhancements.

Xbox360 using VGA (PC) to a tv has come on here this forum a few to address input lag and picture issues. I've not read the details but you can look up...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom