• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Considering replacing my 7-year old LCD, any suggestions?

techfan1967

Hello everyone.

Some seven years ago I purchased my first LCD TV - a Philips 32PFL9632D - which is still going strong and I love. But besides the fact that sooner or later(touch wood) the set will die, I was strongly considering "upgrading" to a 40" set.

Now since my knowledge on modern sets is very, very poor, I would appreciate some feedback on the best available TVs on the market today.

Last week I checked out the Samsung UE40F7000 and it looks brilliant but as an Ambilight lover I wanted to know if Philips are still as good as they were when I purchased my set almost a decade ago.

Or maybe there's another manufacturer I should be looking at? I watch a lot of Standard Definition but also HD of course and I'm not interested in the Smart stuff being advertised so much, it's the picture I care about not the bells and whistles :)

Thank you!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom