1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

considering panny pe30

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jayzeer, Aug 12, 2004.

1. jayzeer

jayzeer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just decided to change my mind from Pioneer 434 as I thinks its close to sofa to wall-mount & doesnt look good on a stand, & go for panny 42pe30 with expensive floor stand. Looking to hook up with Kef 1005's & yamaha AV receiver. Does this stack up, am I mad for going with panny due to curvy stand? overall I think the pioneer is more future-proofed though...

2. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The pioneer is not really more future proof. The advantage it has is the HDMI input but if you do a search on the pioneer you will find a lot of posts describing the problems with this input.

One sticking point for the PE30 is it does not display 720p. Although this would still be downsacled to get on the plasma it should still give an improvement in PQ. With Sky likely to launch their HD using 720p the PE30 becomes stuck!! Have you thought about a PW6?? This does not have a tuner or speakers, nut you can buy both as extras. If you have Sky or cable you can do away with the tuner.

Hope this helps

3. jayzeer

jayzeer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good points - I have considered the PW6 but was put off with some of the Quintro/switching problems. If the pioneer is ok for 720p then that has to be my choice.