1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering Panasonic NV-GX7 ??

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by lin55, Feb 28, 2003.

1. lin55

lin55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

After a fair bit of research, especially in this forum and would be grateful for all who have purchased the Panasonic NV-GX7 Camcorder to advise me on it good features and bad ones ? I have heard of negative issues such as :

* When zooming out/in the screen shakes
    * Bad ability to film in low light or indoors/dark conditions ?
    * Electronic Stabiliser not great for people with shaky hands ?

I have also found that the all the high street shops do not have any stock of the Panasonic NVGX7 and it seems to be off the market or outdated ?? - Should I wait for the new cams to arrive or get one as I am off on Holiday abroad soon and am still keen as many users of this BB have one ?

If not the best choice, please advise on similar or better models in the similar price group (<£800) as I'm keen to use a cam with a good CCD / >1MPixel Stills.

Thanks for all your great help so far!!

2. scott69

scott69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my GX7 before xmas, and have no complaints about it. Yes, the image does get grainy in low light conditions, but that seems to be the case with most DV cams. I have no problems with the zoom. The picture quality is great, and as long as you use a tripod for zoom work it is steady.
    You might be advised to wait until April when, I think, new models are due. But if you want one sooner the GX7 is a good choice.