Quantcast

Considering having your TV calibrated? Find a calibrator here

thedoswells

I have been thinking about professional calibration for my Oled that I am getting in the next few days but my worry is that if the TV develops a fault in its first year or so then you have basically thrown money in the wind.

Hence why I am considering whether to get a Pana instead of LG since the former seem to have quite a good reputation for excellent out of the box picture quality
I have the Panasonic gz950 and the picture out of the box is indeed superb. But I have to say that the LG E9 I looked at seemed superb too. As long as both are set to the most accurate picture modes.
I'd still like to get mine calibrated some day

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
In the past i've redone calibrations on tv's that have failed for a tiny callout fee or for nothing if they are nearby or willing to wait. Having said that in the 19yrs i've been doing this i've only had to do this, i think, three times...and the fourth will be happening sometime before christmas as a clients 2yr old panel has had to be replaced. We hear a disproportionate amount of failures on forums like these...generally tv's are pretty reliable...... of course, my own almost two year old Sony A1 Oled is about to be replaced under warranty...luckily i know a guy who can redo that for nothing...lol...so make that five!

Meyrick Man

I'm thinking about getting my Oled calibrated at some point in the future, i've tried to use the map for local calibrator's but failed miserably. I live just outside Leeds any recommendations or someone who lives local to me? Thanks in advance

Paul97

Canary Jules did my Philips TV recently and has done a fab job, I'm sure he lives around the Leicester area, he travels all over the UK from what I gather.

Inferno

Distinguished Member
Canary Jules did my Philips TV recently and has done a fab job, I'm sure he lives around the Leicester area, he travels all over the UK from what I gather.
Yes Canary Jules has just done my Oled on Monday and I live in Warrington, so your about another half an hour away, I would Definitely Recommend Jules πŸ‘

Bratfud Recusant

Morning chaps,

I'm in need of my new Samsung 75Q950 calibrating...I've used Vincent from HDTV-review in the past, but I'm getting no joy in getting hold of him.

Can anyone recommend a calibrator in/around the north of England (specifically W. Yorks)?

Failing someone local - if Jules is reading, I know it's a trek but would you be able to squeeze me in at some point in the not too distant future?

Cheers in advance :beer:

Craig

If youre flexible about days Jules can usually squeeze you in within the next 2 or 3 weeks.
Give him a bell his number is 07988862134
He's done my last 3 tv's i wouldnt use anyone else.

Bratfud Recusant

If youre flexible about days Jules can usually squeeze you in within the next 2 or 3 weeks.
Give him a bell his number is 07988862134
He's done my last 3 tv's i wouldnt use anyone else.
Many thanks - sods law, just got a message from Vince about 30 mins ago :facepalm:

Will certainly keep the info for future reference though :smashin:

RobGMun

Standard Member
You cannot go wrong with Jules. He was fantastic, diligent and was never in a rush to finish up and run. He took his time to get it right and I really felt like he squeezed every last ounce of performance out of my LG E6 as limited as the set is in some respects. Although it was nice to know that the panel was a good example for that particular model.

I had a stinking cold and even had a nose bleed while he was around, so i felt bad for being such a poor host and leaving him to it for large amounts of time. For the amount of work he put in i really felt like he was excellent value for money.

The interesting thing is, is that because that day I had conjunctivitis as well (told you I was ill lol!) i saw a difference in picture quality and was impressed but over the course of the last few days as my eyes got better the more i realise just how a big a difference it really is. At first, I realised the whites really are properly white and no longer shifted, which in turn made me realise how accurate all the other colours are, which now i'm realising that even in YouTube videos how reduced banding really is, and in a lot of cases does not exist anymore where i noticed it before. So the results of Jules calibration is a gift that keeps on giving and that's before i can have a proper sit down session of 3D viewing.

You cannot go wrong with Jules, hire him.

Last edited:

Bratfud Recusant

You cannot go wrong with Jules. He was fantastic, diligent and was never in a rush to finish up and run. He took his time to get it right and I really felt like he squeezed every last ounce of performance out of my LG E6 as limited as the set is in some respects. Although it was nice to know that the panel was a good example for that particular model.

I had a stinking cold and even had a nose bleed while he was around, so i felt bad for being such a poor host and leaving him to it for large amounts of time. For the amount of work he put in i really felt like he was excellent value for money.

The interesting thing is, is that because that day I had conjunctivitis as well (told you I was ill lol!) i saw a difference in picture quality and was impressed but over the course of the last few days as my eyes got better the more i realise just how a big a difference it really is. At first, I realised the whites really are properly white and no longer shifted, which in turn made me realise how accurate all the other colours are, which now i'm realising that even in YouTube videos how reduced banding really is, and in a lot of cases does not exist anymore where i noticed it before. So the results of Jules calibration is a gift that keeps on giving and that's before i can have a proper sit down session of 3D viewing.

You cannot go wrong with Jules, hire him.
Really appreciate the detailed 'review' - certainly will consider Jules' service in the future :smashin:

pesser

Would like a quote for 65 E9 IG1 area calibration please

I should call Jules on 07988862134

supermackem

Just about to pop my oled cherry with the c9 and may get it calibrated, any in the Durham/Sunderland area?.

They all travel.

SonOfSJ

@Bill799 Almost certainly no, but see post #139 by samsungderby. Certainly Steve Withers has flown to the island of Ireland at least once, to do calibrations. The cost of flights will obviously be a factor in whatever fee is quoted, but then again, he has flown to Edinburgh four times to calibrate my televisions.

Artavash

Standard Member
Just offering some first hand experience of calibration by Canary Jules.
He came over this week to do a sound and tv calibration for me (which was a present from my Mum and my girlfriend - so I have no idea of the cost). I've got a 65" C6 ole, Pioneer SC-LX901 receiver and 7.1.4 KEF speaker setup.

He was extremely professional and a very nice bloke. He spent hours getting the C6 to the best settings for picture quality and I have to say he fixed a bunch of issues in blacks and artefacts in colour gradation that made me very happy. The picture was good beforehand but now it's as good as it can be on this hardware. He was also very happy to chat and explain what he was doing and how it had an effect on the picture.

But he transformed the sound. He is a magician. The sound before was muddy, too bassy and somewhat unbalanced. What I heard after the calibration was amazing. From a set of entry level KEF speakers the sound now is incredible. I actually feel like I am in the centre of all the sound and it feels so light and natural.

Put that together with the picture and now I am watching films and really enjoying the immersion and the story and not spotting the silly problems that were there previously. He was brilliant and if I change it (and add the extra larger subs!) I wouldn't hesitate to get him back in. Having experienced the difference it seems silly not to calibrate this expensive (even my entry level kit setup was expensive in my mind) equipment and instead go and get the most out of it for the environment in which it is installed.

Thank you again Jules!

Lestart87

Novice Member
Hello i am new here

Maybe there is someone in her have calibration / tv picture setup for this TV
model no.: 65OLED854/12

Thanks in advance

Ann Rolls

Standard Member
Hi all, new to the forum. Just wanted to add a recommendation for Julian Scott he calibrated my Panasonic GZ2000 yesterday. Absolutely first class service and a thoroughly nice chap. He took the trouble to explain everything to a non techie and spent hours getting things just right. I was happy with the TV but felt it was capable of much more and knew it was not set up properly. The calibration cost is worth every penny. My husband when he came home was absolutely blown away by the improvement. It now feels like we have the TV we paid for. Picture quality now when fed the right source is nothing short of stunning for a domestic TV. Having spent till the early hours of this morning watching all sorts of content i can only say that what Julian has achieved has added 15-20% improvement to the TV. We are so impressed and happy. Anyone thinking of doing this don't think just do it. Julian's price is very reasonable and the results speak for themselves. Toyed with this for ages before committing as it was even more money spent an an already expensive TV but the results absolutely justify the cost after all you wouldn't buy a high end car and not have it tuned up. Folks its a no brainer. Julian is your man. Thanks so much Julian highly recommended. Off to spend the weekend enjoying the fruits of Julian's efforts. Ann

All of the calibrators who hang out here will travel all over the UK.
I klnow @Canary_Jules regularly goes up to Scotland and down south.