Considering having your TV calibrated? Find a calibrator here

Cinema, no blackevel is 50, 49 stops the raised blacks but adjusting brigtness is not a good way to fix the issue, it needs sorting with a config file on usb

Cinema, no blackevel is 50, 49 stops the raised blacks but adjusting brigtness is not a good way to fix the issue, it needs sorting with a config file on usb
It needs sorting with a new firmware downloadable over the net.

Have a look at this video. It's all about HDR black levels.

Have a look at this video. It's all about HDR black levels.

Seen it, yes they G3 has a dip around 2.5 ire that's hiding black detail, but mine still has a raised floor level, it never goes fully black when in DV

Seen it, yes they G3 has a dip around 2.5 ire that's hiding black detail, but mine still has a raised floor level, it never goes fully black when in DV
Do your black bars in 2.35:1 movies have this raised black in DV Cinema?

Do your black bars in 2.35:1 movies have this raised black in DV Cinema?
It will be there as the screen never goes fully black with DV, but you I cannot see the black bars raised because when there is any light being displayed on screen or in the room I cannot see the raised black floor level.
It's only visible in a pitch black room and the content being watched cuts to a full black screen or a very dark screen.

This above black crush has been fixes on my set after the last FW update

It will be there as the screen never goes fully black with DV, but you I cannot see the black bars raised because when there is any light being displayed on screen or in the room I cannot see the raised black floor level.
It's only visible in a pitch black room and the content being watched cuts to a full black screen or a very dark screen.
But are the black bars raised in a pitch black room?

It was recommended on as forum that "setting -1 for all the RGB values at 2 pt White Balance Low in DoVi Cinema preset results in perfect black!"

Give that a go.

It was recommended on as forum that "setting -1 for all the RGB values at 2 pt White Balance Low in DoVi Cinema preset results in perfect black!"

Give that a go.
I'll have a look, but that will cause black detail loss that has just been fixed via the update
I'm hopeful this next update will fix the raised floor

Give that a go.
That doesn’t work , the only tools i have that work is brightness control at 49

After factory resting my g3 it keeps asking if i want set audio bypass to low sound lag , it does this every time i start call of duty on my Xbox series x .
How do I stop this as i have selected yes and no but it still asks every time

Attachments

• 20240111_183727.jpg
    20240111_183727.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
After factory resting my g3 it keeps asking if i want set audio bypass to low sound lag , it does this every time i start call of duty on my Xbox series x .
How do I stop this as i have selected yes and no but it still asks every time
Enable eArc I think.

Enable eArc I think.
Nope I thats on, I played a bluray disk on my xbox and now the TV has stopped asking to switch to pss through when I start call of duty ha, so it fixed but God's nows how
i did also turn hotel mode on and off ,maybe that fixed it

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom