Considering a rear parking camera - after advice please

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
Hi folks,

We got a new Vauxhall Mokka last year and at the time I turned down the built in rear view parking camera as I felt we had already splashed out enough on optional extras however after a year its apparent I should have got it as someone in my household cant park.

Its now too late to have Vauxhalls own model installed in the display unit of my car, so im looking at alternatives. I promised myself long before I discovered AVForums that I would stop buying cheap Ebay Far East electronic tat that never really works aswell as its supposed to.

Ideally I would like something that could use my smart phone as the display but a quick search on google suggests there isnt such product?

Can anyone suggest something thats relatively easy to set up, wireless if possible and generally reliable? We have audio parking sensors so just a small display showing whats behind would be ideal.

It seems the sort of product that ebay is flooed with, but I would rather pay a little more for something decent than a dodgy import with hopeless instructions etc

Thanks very much

nvingo

Just thinking outside the box, was alerted to this:
ApoEye 720p Portable Wireless Multi Function IP Camera with SmartPhone Access
• Portable Wi-Fi Camcorder
• Also suitable for use as a webcam when connected directly to a PC
• Built in rechargeable battery (2 hours battery life)
• Wide Angle Viewing (100 degrees)
• Excellent low light performance
• Mobile remote control and live viewing
• Broadcasting via Cloud Server
• Live viewing of up to 4 cameras
• Two way voice communication
• Loop recording to Micro SD card (not included)
• App available for Android and iOS
• Various mounting options included

The ApoEye wireless camcorder provides you with the ability to record and monitor footage live via your SmartPhone.

Ideal for use as a baby monitor, action camera, pet tracker or vehicle journey recorded (using the included windscreen mount).

Accessories included are Tripod mount, Clip mount, Magnetic mount, Strap mount and windscreen mount (suction cup).
Rather than link, Maplin code N92CD.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom