• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Considering a HTPC build

mhep

Hi

Ive near enough got a full system of spare parts from a recent upgrade and considering building a HTPC out of them if they are adequate enough:

AMD X2 4200+
MSI K8N Neo ATX Mobo (Faulty SATA)
1GB PC3200 RAM
Leadtek Nvidia 7900GS

I would need to buy a ATA Hard drive, HTPC Case with PSU and HD/Blu-Ray Drive. Could maybe sacrifice my Auzentech X-Mystique and use my on-board sound on my new board or use the on-board on my MSI board and a Hauppauge Nova-T from my current PC but not really necessary as Sky+ is in the same room.

My main issue would be finding a decent case, it would need to be black with a PSU and ATX size.

Would this setup be suitable for Blu-Ray playback? If so I could sell my Samsung BD-P1400 to cover some of the cost of the HTPC.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom