Considering a few 40 inchers...

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Frank_Lucas, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Frank_Lucas

Frank_Lucas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys :hiya:

I'm new to the forum but I've been a guest user for a little while and looking over the posts you all seem to be quite an informative bunch.

What's prompted me to join today has been my deliberation over the purchase of a new HDTV. I currently have a 32 " 1080i Samsung I originally purchased to complement my Xbox 360. But since getting a PS3 (which I use for gaming and Bluray watching) and moving out with the Missus I now want to upgrade to a 1080p set with a screen size of at the very least 40 " and a max size of 46" - not a very wide gamut I know! I'd like to spend no more than £1100 with "1200 being the absolute maximum and so far I've only looked at the W4500 from Sony. There must be other viable alternatives but I'm lost in a sea of very cheap alternatives with no idea of their picture quality - I work near a Sony Centre so I can check out their TV's in person. The TV will be used for SKY+HD viewing, Blurays and PS3 gaming.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

2. KUBBY

KUBBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    Hi Frank and welcome.
    Do you like your old Samsung? if so why Change?
    Lcd's and Samsung in particular,have moved on in leaps and bounds recently and their introduction of LED backlighting illustrates this perfectly.
    The LE40A786 is available at around £865 and the 46 at about £1160.If you can audition one of these then I think you will be impressed.

I make no secret of the fact that I like Samsung sets,this is my third.To be fair,LED sets are also made by Sony and Philips,but they are,I think,a little more expensive.

Read some reviews here.Welcome to the Home Cinema Choice archive | Home Cinema Choice

Good Luck

KH