1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering a AE300

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by higenbs1, Sep 11, 2003.

1. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I'm thinking about getting an AE-300 projector. One of my concerns is that using a ceiling mount, the picture will be projected higher on the wall than either my front or centre speakers will reach to. In your experience, does the sound appear detached from the screen. Would the answer be a longer ceiling mount, or can you get away with projecting the image further down, and compensating using keystone.

2. ChrisNightingal

ChrisNightingal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

About 4 months ago I purchased an AE300 and very happy I am with it to. My projector is ceiling mounted at a position roughly just below the top of the screen (if you can visualise that). As far as I can remember I haven't had to use any keystone correction. Try to avoid using it if possible because it does tend to soften the picture further. Although sometimes if can't be helped which is what the feature is for in the first place.

With reagrd to the position of the center speaker, mine is position about 30 cm below the bottom of the screen and I haven't really noticed a problem. The problem only becomes apparent if you start to think about it too much and realise that the sound isn't coming from the actor's mouth on screen!!!! So I suppose the moral is - don't think about it too much!! Someone else might have a more scientific solutions than that though!!

Here is a link to my installation if you're interested:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.nightingale1/ftvtp/ftvtpmainpage.htm

All the best,

Chris Nightingale.

3. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I thought I was worrying for no reason. Cheers for your help. Great site, by the way. I'm sure it will come in very handy.

4. jGrahamD

jGrahamD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am using a 33 inch TV (at the moment) with a 5.1 amp. The L, R and C speakers are ceiling mounted (actually about 12 inches from the ceiling) and suprisingly you are generally not aware of this. It probably has something to do with our ears being on the side of our head and not top and bottom.