Quantcast

Considerations for equipment rack?

puntloos

When it comes to equipment rack location many people 'blindly' default to "right below the TV", perhaps since it keeps cable length short, or maybe you can put the tv on the stand that holds the gear. But what considerations do you consider relevant for equipment placement? I'm thinking:

1/ Blinking lights.. - don't want those, so ... maybe seal the rack, or maybe move it.
2/ Accessibility - I guess you want to be able to physically get to it.. sometimes in a hurry.
3/ Cabling? I guess some locations will force you to trip over cables but let's assume cables can be hidden
4/ Noise? Most gear is quiet but not everything..

Anything I'm missing? If you willingly put your rack in an unusual(ish) location - where is it and why?

Petar Petrov

Novice Member
When it comes to equipment rack location many people 'blindly' default to "right below the TV", perhaps since it keeps cable length short, or maybe you can put the tv on the stand that holds the gear. But what considerations do you consider relevant for equipment placement? I'm thinking:

1/ Blinking lights.. - don't want those, so ... maybe seal the rack, or maybe move it.
2/ Accessibility - I guess you want to be able to physically get to it.. sometimes in a hurry.
3/ Cabling? I guess some locations will force you to trip over cables but let's assume cables can be hidden
4/ Noise? Most gear is quiet but not everything..

Anything I'm missing? If you willingly put your rack in an unusual(ish) location - where is it and why?
I am thinking to buy a Sanus 55” av rack and stick it in the corner of my living room
I have
1 receiver
1 amplifier
1 NAS drive
2 external HDD
1 PS4
1 talktalk
1 shield
1 other TV
And I think I will get everything nice and tidy in the SANUS and I think it looks good at least to me.

Top Bottom