Considdering Freesat - installers south Yorkshire

matt_hirst

Standard Member
I am considdering having freesat installed, but would like the cabling installing through the existing internal ducting is there any companies reccomended in SYorks to do this?

Also wanting an additional aerial & sat point fitted downstairs in a kids playroom.

Difficult to give a price for buyt can someone please give me a ball park figure for this work just so I don't get ripped off.

regards,

Matt

P.S. Just been chatting online to a advisor from SKY and they said if I went for one of their deals the engineer would fitt the wiring through the internal ducting for no extra charge - am I better off subscribing to SKY for a year then cancelling it?

logiciel

That's the easiest option - currently £79 for receiver and installation then £19 a month for 12 months.
After that you can stop paying and use the receiver for FreeSatFromSky.

Last edited:

matt_hirst

Standard Member
I didn't think they would do the install to the existing ducting, just thought they would come and put the wire round the outside of the house and drill holes to each room requiring access?

regards,

Matt

logiciel

That's what I'd have expected too, Matt, so get them to confirm that they'll do it the better way.
The installation would be for one room only unless you wanted also to pay the extra £10 a month multiroom charge.

matt_hirst

Standard Member
To be honest the guy I was chatting to was not english and I wasn't convinced he understood the questions I was asking as they seemed fairly stock answers and didn't really answer it directly.

regards,

Matt

logiciel

OK Matt - you need a double check - at least double! - then to be sure what they would do.
I can't see it being the sort of thing they'd know about at first, so they'd have to pass it on.

The problem is that the customer service and sales people do not have a clue on what the installers are allowed to and what they actually will do. There is very little chance that the installer who turns up will actually do what CS staff have said he will do as he is only allowed a short time to actually install your system - something like 45 minutes I believe for a single room install which is not sufficient to do what you want unless you preinstalled decent quality cable (WF100 or similar) through the ducting yourself beforehand with sufficient spare at each end to connect to dish and where your TV is.

logiciel

That's all correct, though if an installer went strictly by his instructions he'd have to say he had to do all the wiring to make the warranty valid.

matt_hirst

Standard Member
I didn't expect them to actually say yes but it does confirm the CS staff don't have a clue - oh well still looking for a local installer.

regards,

Matt

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom