• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Con's Update New Plasma display downstairs setup

conbeattie

Standard Member
Hi guys and dolls just got a new display in the form of Samsung PS42B30P2 i got this for £350 there from sams yer man's yearly sale had to que for 14 hours overnight in -4 temp but it was worth it the diffeerence between the lcd and plasma is immense so i can now move the old phillips lcd display in to the bedroom c&c welcome. advice needed for back wall colour im thinking dark red wine colour.

Next plans are a kef speaker package a PJ and screen i have a gd 8 metres of throw distance and will drop the screen down infront of the curtains.
i have my eye on an optoma 200x but know nothing about pjs. just in time for the world cup too

heres the kit list

*Samsung PS42B30P2 42" plasma
*Samsung bdp1500 Blu ray
*Pioneer VSX-917V Receiver
*Windows Vista Home Premium Laptop running a tweaked MCE runnind 500gb hdd dvd library.
*Logitech Dinovo Mini
*xbox 360 120gb
*Nintendo Wii
*Goodmans TV Box

Also have A set of Numark Direct Drive Decks and Behringer DJX700 4 channel mixer for the many many parties

Thanks for looking and any C&C welcome

Photo287.jpg

Photo289.jpg

Photo290.jpg

Photo291.jpg

Photo292.jpg

Photo288.jpg

Photo293.jpg

Photo295.jpg

Photo294.jpg
Photo296.jpg

Photo297.jpg

conbeattie

Standard Member
cheers Luke bud i actually swapped 3 big bottles of stella for them decks buy set of stylus's hey presto sorted. would love to upgrade to cdj1000s mate has a set and think they would kick ass

conbeattie

Standard Member
thanks dude yeah the que was massive come 8am opening time like 200 people. i was 4th in the que at 5pm the nite before. insane i know but was a saving of around £100 there abouts, good auld bottle of jack daniels sorted out the cold ha ha

- johnyc -

hi con , looks great mate :thumbsup: was that sams yer man in belfast you got your tv ?

Gboardman1959

is that the harmony 1000 jobbie i had seen one but its on THE LIST of bits and bobs would be handy
Why not get yourself a logitech harmony 1100 it would be perfect for your kit

- johnyc -

hi mate , basicaly the 1100 looks better in black and it responds quicker . it is a great bit of kit . when i walk into my room i just hit play xbox on the remote and it turns everything on . one button instead of 5 . are you thinkin of getting one . i bought my plasma from sams about 3 years ago and paid 950 for it you got a bargin there :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom