1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connexion query

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by martin day, Mar 14, 2003.

1. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer 656a DVD player and VSXD811 receiver. At the moment all I have is a coaxial connexion for Dolby digital movies and when more DVDA and SACD music discs are available I know that to enjoy these I will need to connect 5:1 analogue leads between the two. But what about straightforward CD music at the moment?

According to Pioneer technical help I don't need any other connexion as my CD's are 'piped' down the coaxial lead. But is this the best way to enjoy Stereo or would it be better with straightforward phono leads?

The manual for the DVD player says that I should also have 2 analogue connexions for this but when I queried this with Pioneer man he said coaxial lead was sufficient?

If I do need to connect phono leads to where do I connect them?

At the moment I have to select DVD player on my amp but this obviously then picks up the coaxial connexion? So would I connect phonos to input called 'CD' and then select this?

Hope someone can help as there are so many varying bits of advice.

Thanks
    Martin.

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Your 656 has a l/r audio out on the back as well as the 5.1 outputs. You can use a pair of phono leadsto connect to your CD input on your amp. Since your 656 probably has better DACs than your amp this may be a way to improve your cd replay (no promises) - get a decent phono lead though or it will be a waste of time.

BTW If you don't get any sound then it's probably 'cos you need to change something in yiur 656s settings

3. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Wilbur

I will try this over the weekend and let you know.

Have a good one

4. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Wilbur

I will try this over the weekend and let you know.

Have a good one