1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connenting a Yamaha 630RDS & Pioneer 717 DVD

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Dan110, Dec 19, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Dan110

Dan110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone give me some advice on the best way of connecting the amp and dvd? I believe it would be an optical cable or coaxial but not sure which is best or what brand to use. Any help would be appreciated?

2. gmt steve

gmt steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You could use either Dan, I don't think you would notice any difference at this level. Coaxial is supposed to be technically better, but as I say you shouldn't notice a difference. The main advantage of Optical is no chance of hum problems, due to the nature of the connection.
    Any decent quality manufacturer should be OK, just make sure you spend £20-£30 pounds and you won't go far wrong. Companies such as; QED, Ixos, Supra, Audioquest all have excellent products.
    If your interested, I have a unused QED Qunect OT 1m for sale. I put it on the sales forum and was suprised to get no reasonable offers. The cable would cost around £30 and I'm asking £15 including postage.
    Steve

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Have to agree with steve...have used both with my system,and only got a hum loop when using a coaxial connection which took ages to isolate....the quality of the coax connection is audibly better,no doubt,but in most cases relating to AV use,I dont think most people would notice or be upset by it....I only notice the optical/coax difference when lsitening to good quality CD source material....when a film's going...not a chance,esp with the kids about!

4. Dan110

Dan110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the advice guys, Steve, interested in the cable. Whereabouts in Manchester are you?

Cheers

Dan

5. gmt steve

gmt steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Prestwich, which is North Manchester, just off the M60 Jn17. I'm very close to the Richer Sounds store, if you know it.
    Steve