Connectivity Problem with Existing System

ezuser

Standard Member
Hi,
I’m looking for an idiot’s guide connection diagram (please!) as I am about to embark on Freesat installation.
I’m reasonably OK with the Freesat box installation and wiring, but the problem is that I also have a Philips VCR which only has SCART sockets (x2), and I think I will run out of SCART connectivity on the rest of the system. This is because the AV2 input on the HDD/DVD recorder would be used by the Freesat box connection and not by the VCR as at present. I only want to use the VCR for occasional playback of copyright protected tapes that can’t be converted into DVDs (well not easily anyway).
Is a 2-way SCART splitter the answer? Switched or unswitched?
The system would comprise:
1. TV: Panasonic TX-L42E30B Freeview & HD – which has 4 HDMI inputs and a single SCART
2. Freesat: Humax HDR-1000S – which has one each, HDMI and SCART sockets
3. Freeview HDD/DVD Recorder: Panasonic DMR-EX75EB – which has one HDMI and two SCART sockets
4. VCR: Philips VR 630/07 which has two SCART sockets only.
[Plus connections from TV, Freesat and Freeview boxes to Yamaha CRX550 DAB receiver for higher quality audio (I have no issues with this at all)].
In case anyone asks: why Freeview and Freesat: I would like to pull in additional TV stations including regional programming from another part of the country.
Thanks for your help guys

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Get a Scart to 3 RCA Phono Composite cable and connect the scart end to your VCR and the Phono end to the AV2 composite input on the side connection panel of the Tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom