1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connectivity and speakers for a Panny TH37PW7?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Petey_H, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Petey_H

Petey_H
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Got a TH37PW7 on its way. Looking at connectivity and speaker options. Want to hook up Sky+, PS2 and DVD (which I haven't got yet). Also need some small, silver or white, discrete speakers to keep her-who-must-be-obeyed happy ;) I understand the tuner/media box is not highly rated here, so was thinking of a Denon 2805 and the Canton CD1? 5.1 or 6.1? How about the Jamo DVR-50 and A305? Heard there had been some probs with it though? Saw and listened to the AE AEGO P5 Mk2, which was great, but still need something to switch video signals (I think - was already late back from lunch)...

Any suggestions? Ideally easy to use - or is it possible to programme a learning remote to switch multiple things at once (audio + video) if needed? Could always write the instructions down for the Mrs, but I'd still get the tech support phone calls ;)

Cheers!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    for sound Denon and Canotns Superb!!! CD1 are £240 deliverd silver or black, see speaker powerbuys! add a CD50 (matching colour) and move CD1 centre to rear for 6.1 feed vidoe into AMP and on to screen (component if possible) (SKy+ can use S-video and let denon convert but a JS RGB>VGA is better) and get a harmony H655 or H688 to control it all see remote forum for feed back

3. Petey_H

Petey_H
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks HD! Idea of Denon & Cantons came from one of your posts! ;)