• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connections

mikephorse

Standard Member
Panasonic Blu-Ray BD30
Panasonic TX-32LZD85
Daewoo Combi 4150P]
Virgin V + box

Is it possible to keep my existngs connections and also be able to use the Daewoo
for playback as well ? I tried a scart to achieve this but the picture was green,
suggesting a clash somewhere.

My connections are HDMI lead Blu-Ray to TV

V+ scart to TV AV1

V+ scart to Daewoo for copying V+ recorded programs
to DVD. AV2

Last edited:

ramjet

Banned
I dont know if this helps but the standard connections from a virgin or sky box is the tv scart on the box into the line input scart of the recorder , and the line output scart of the recorder to the tv , and set everything to RGB and widescreen

use 21 pin fully wired scarts too

then connect the vcr socket of the virgin or sky box direct to the tv , this is usually composite ( cvbs )

once this is working , you can connect in any hdmi and test again

Gavtech

Administrator
Panasonic Blu-Ray BD30
Panasonic TX-32LZD85
Daewoo Combi 4150P]
Virgin V + box

Is it possible to keep my existngs connections and also be able to use the Daewoo
for playback as well ? I tried a scart to achieve this but the picture was green,
suggesting a clash somewhere.

My connections are HDMI lead Blu-Ray to TV

V+ scart to TV AV1

V+ scart to Daewoo for copying V+ recorded programs
to DVD. AV2

Welcome to the forum.

The green screen indicates that somewhere something is outputting or expecting an input of S Video.

So you should be able to either select the TV input to receive S video or change the output from S Video to RGB.
So if you sort that issue out then yes you can keep your connections as they are.

However, normally the best route is to use the v+ TV output - which is RGB and feed that to the Daewoo and then feed from the Deawoo ... set to output RGB to an RGB capable scart on the TV.
No need for any other connection.

This depends on the Daewoo being capable of RGB pass-through, [ I don't know it well enough to know ] .. and using fully wired scarts throughout.

This connection - would mean that you can watch either the v+ or the Deawoo, in prime RGB quality and also record in RGB quality.

If you use the other connection on the V+ - it is lower quality composite and so you have to compromise with one of those operations above.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom