1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connections?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ubik, Mar 31, 2003.

1. ubik

ubik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone pls recommend the best way to set up the following?
    Sony 32LS60 TV
    Pioneer 303 All in one 5.1 system
    Sky decoder
    Std Video

Is it worth paying for a better Scart?
    If so which one and where from?

thanx

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it's worth getting a decent scart lead as the differences will be very noticeable. Anything by QED or Ixos or one of those brands will do the job. Make sure your player is set to output RGB and connect this to AV1 or AV2 on the LS60 (both are RGB compatible).

There have been some reported problems with using Pioneer DVD players with the Sony LS60 so do a search for this on the forum, so you're aware of the issue and can notify the store if you find these problems.

Plug the Sky Decoder directly into AV1 or AV2 (whichever is free after you've connected the DVD player) and set it to output RGB as well. This'll give you the best quality picture. Then connect the VCR into AV3 and in your LS60 menu, set the "AV3 Output" option to whichever socket your digibox is connected to. This will let you record from Sky but only if the TV is on.

Alternatively, you could loop the digibox through the VCR and then you could record from Sky while the TV is off.

3. ubik

ubik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks squirrel god,
    you've earnt your nuts today!

4. ubik

ubik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!
    Got my new LS60 today and very very pleased with it,
    no buzzing and excellent picture.
    However my pioneer doesnt have a SCART output!
    Just a video out!
    How mad is that?
    Is there a connector that has scart one end and either s-video or video out the other?
    Am I losing much picture quality with this?
    I am beginning to wonder if I should have got the Sony dav550 system instead.
    Also will I be able to get sound this way without external speakers from the dvd,
    I tried it and it doesnt seem to work.