1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connections

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by twinkle, Feb 1, 2005.

1. twinkle

twinkle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad: i have panasonic tv 1 scart, a grundig sky box 2scarts,a panasonic vcr 2scarts,a medion dvd 1 scart & A NEW matsui dvd recorder. iwould like to connect them all together. if not are there alternatives. please help.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,257
    I am assuming your DVD recorder has two scarts - it's not a brand I have much experience with but it is probably based on a Philips reference design. Whatever you are quite limited by only having one Scart socket on your TV. I suggest you connect by Scart cable as follows:

VCR Input/Output >>> VCR input on Sky and then TV Out >>> Input on DVD Recorder >>> then Output >>> TV Scart Input

This will allow you to record onto VHS whilst watching a DVD, record Sky onto DVD, watch Sky. When not using units I suggest putting them to standby to reduce the likelihood of interference (copy protected VHS tapes will not pass through the DVD recorder properly when it is 'on').

I suggest getting rid of the Medion unless it offers significantly better playback than the new DVD recorder. If you really want to keep it you can buy a 2 into 1 Scart box (you can get cheap ones from Argos - spending more probably isn't worth it with the components you have).