connections

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dlemon, Jan 7, 2012.

1. dlemon

dlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, got new tv (gt30 50inch) and new Onkyo 609 (just gonna keep it) and PANASONIC 3D bluray 110, my next question is do I need HDMI 1.4, or will my old cables do, and on a different note what should the settings be on my KEF 3005SE speakers be, frequency setting and sub setting .

Thanks, if yous can help

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,404
    There is no such thing as a 1.4 HDMI lead. The 1.4 is a description of the hardware in the amp/TV and not the cable itself. There are only normal and high speed cables. Depending on what your old cables are they may well be sufficient so I would try them first and if they do not work buy some new ones. There is no need to go mad on price either, under £10 per cable is more than enough.
    As for the speaker settings, have a look in the manual for the lower frequency response of your speakers. Then set the speakers to small and the crossover to just above the lower response of the speakers or you could just run the auto setup on the amp and then jsut check the results against the above. But before that set the crossover on the back of the sub to maximum and the gain to around half.