Question Connections with Sony Home Theatre

DharmeshBuch

Novice Member
Folks, I just bought a 55UN80 UHD ThinQ tv and have been struggling to connect the Sony Home theatre ( HBD DZ340K ).

The tv sound doesn't output via Home theatre. HDMI 1 of tv is connected to the HDMI of the theatre.

Any thoughts? Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks. Stay safe.
Dharmesh

shotokan101

Suspended
What audio output is the TV set to?

ZipBuiltIn

Should be plugged into HDMI 2 Port.

Z12_55UN8000PTA_UHD_4K_TVs_Z12.jpg

shotokan101

Suspended
Should be plugged into HDMI 2 Port.

Z12_55UN8000PTA_UHD_4K_TVs_Z12.jpg

Will the port matter if the TV is not setup to output the audio over hdmi? - Methinks not..... ;)

Will the port matter if the TV is not setup to output the audio over hdmi? - Methinks not..... ;)
Agreed... Plus it's much simpler to connect and configure the Sony 'DVD Home Theatre System' to the television via optical SPDIF.

ZipBuiltIn

Folks, I just bought a 55UN80 UHD ThinQ tv and have been struggling to connect the Sony Home theatre ( HBD DZ340K ).

The tv sound doesn't output via Home theatre. HDMI 1 of tv is connected to the HDMI of the theatre.

Any thoughts? Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks. Stay safe.
Dharmesh

Looking at the Sony's manual. Optical is the only way to go. My bad..

Last edited:

DharmeshBuch

Novice Member
Thank you all for the feedback. There were a couple of rookie mistakes but alls well in the end.

The challenge was the ARC HDMI which was not being configured properly.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom