1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connections - what do i need??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sarll, Jan 29, 2003.

1. sarll

sarll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Hi

Sorry for more than likely going over old ground but I'd like for the forums help on clearing up a few questions I have.

I'm in the market for either a Panny 37 or 42 5 series, which i hope to order next week if i can get some decent demoes.

After reading these forums for a good few months I think my head is about to explode.

I am planning to connect my dvd player (no component) and skydigital to the plasma

If I do indeed purchase a Panny 37 or 42" 5 series i will buy it without the tuner.

My plan is probably to buy a JS RGB>VGA and RGB to Component instead.

What i'm not sure about is sometimes the Terminal Board is included and sometimes it isn't. Do i need one in my scenario?

Sorry for being slow - but my brains taken in far too much info in the last coulpe of days!!

Thanks again

2. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Tosh 42wp27 which I believe is pretty much a rebadged panny 5 series. If that is the case then you will need the terminal board (which I got with the Tosh but I think is sold separate with the Panny).

I think you would connect your DVD's RGB out to the RGB in on the terminal board with a standard RGB cable (the ports double up as Component and RGB and you select which one you are using through the INPUT button on the remote or the screen). As for the Sky Digi box, use the JS SCART(RGB) -> VGA adapter. Then to view the sky reception you select 'PC in' through the INPUT selector.

Hope this helps.
    Remember this is based on the Tosh variant of the Panny 5.