1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connections via tv and amp...

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by pork_balls, Dec 19, 2003.

1. pork_balls

pork_balls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this has probably been asked a million times before but I couldnt find what i needed via the search function.

I have a yamaha htr-5630rds and am looking to hook it up to a dvd, video, pc reciever (wireless pc sender/receiver, has phono outputs as well as scart) and ntl cable box.

My Tv is a goodmans thing, it has 2 scart and one component in. It also has component out.

I know the dvd should be connected to the amp via an optical cable for sound, but, should i then connect the scart lead direct to the tv, or use the video output (phono or svideo, i have a choice) on the dvd to connect to my amp and then use the monitor cable from the amp to the tv?

Bascially, should i route all my equipment completely through the amp, video and sound, and then from my amp to my tv?

Or, should i just connect the scarts to my tv, and then use the sound phono outputs from my tv to my amp? Therefore everything that connects to the tv will use the amp anyway?

Hope all this makes a bit of sense,
    Thanks in advance,
    Me.

2. JAMBO

JAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Put all audio connections (from DVD, video, TV etc) into the amp (phono leads, optical digital etc) and all visual connections to the TV (scart leads). Then just choose which source you require on your amp, to coincide with what you are watching.

3. pork_balls

pork_balls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cool.. cheers for that... shall get all that cabled up tonight then.. joy...

Ta,
    Me.

4. JAMBO

JAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There won't be much joy if your other half sees the amount of cables. :laugh:
    Because you are effectively running 2 sets of cables out of everything (1 audio, 1 visual), they mount up...and mess up...quickly.

5. pork_balls

pork_balls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pah to the missus... :)

Its my house! hoho...

6. JAMBO

JAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, but you will want peace and quiet to enjoy your new system.
    Hopefully women never find a way of plugging themselves into our home cinema systems. Could you imagine getting nagged in Dolby 5.1 :eek: