Connections to the Screen

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I am going to be getting the PW6 and have a Denon 3805 on order. I just have one question about the connections.

I see that the denon 3805 has component in. My question is from the dvd player do I plug the component from my Denon 2900 into the 3805 and then from there into the PW6 ?.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Russ

Only if you have more than one component source. The norm is to use a JS RGB to component converter for your set top box, and use the amp to switch between the 2. There is of course a theoretical loss of quality in doing it like that, but personally I would like to meet someone who can actually tell which method is being used, even with 2 identical screens side by side.

Right so the connections I should use as only a dvd player is going to be connected is.

DVD to screen via component

Optical to Amp.

Is that it ?

Yes, digital coax is probably preferred to optical, but we are again niggling. More to do with reliability of the cable, and it's ability to stand being scrunched up in a shelf behind the amp.

The leads I have decided to buy are as follows: -

QED Signature - Component
QED Signature - Digital Coaxial
QED Qontour - Subwoofer
20M - QED Silver Anniversary Speaker wire.

All of that is coming to £385.98 from hificables.co.uk.

Do you think this is a good choice and a good price ?

Can you recommend somewhere else ? or different cables ?

Thanks

Russ

Fine choice, is 20m speaker cable enough, I usually use about 35m in an average 5.1 install. It's not my place to comment on the price, it looks fair, I'm not offering to beat it.

I thought I was winging it on 20m and that is for 7.1. I had better increase it.

With any ambition not to trip over the cables you'll be wanting 50m in an average room. &.1 works best in long rooms, which leads to even longer runs. I do 7.1 for folks with projectors often, then the kit is at the rear somewhere, and as 4 of the 7 speakers are at the rear-ish, this leads to shorter runs on average. In a 6x4m room, we'd use probably 60m

To be honest I am not hundred 100% sure on the size of the room. We are moving to a new house and one of the bedrooms is going to be a cinema room, have to wait and see before I actually buy it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom