Connections to LCD TV?

penfold

Standard Member
Just got a 37"LCD TV ( LG 37LC55).
Noticed picture quality was not a good as expected, so wondered if my connections were poor.
I have it set up as my previous CRT, Scart from Sky+ to AV1, Scart from DVD writer to AV2, RF from Sky+ to ariel input.
Now..... I am using the old cables I got with my Sky box, it appears these are cheepie scart cables, so I have got 2 Quad shielded Scart cables, and a set of good quality componant video and RCA audio cables.
My idea was.....
Scart from Sky+ to AV1 on TV. Scart from Sky+ to DVD-R Ex1 input, so I can archive from Sky+, componant from DVD out to TV, so I can use progressive scan. Does this sound OK??? I was also thinking, if possible to keep SCART to a min, Scart from Sky+ to DVD-R TV in (RGB). Componant from DVD-R to TV. Would this work, as I assume I would still be able to record from Sky+, and the Video out on Sky+ is not RGB. This then keeps the only input to TV as componant. I was thinking of removing all ariels, as I dont need them, and would reduce possibility of introducing RF interference. Does Sky+ need an ariel input?? Sorry for the questions sounding a little dim, not much up on these newer connections.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom