Connections To Denon Dht-500sd

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by sonysbest, Nov 2, 2005.

1. sonysbest

sonysbest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After all the positive vibes on this site have upgraded from sony davs500 to Denon dht-500sd. There was no scart on the sony so I was connected s-video to scart on my tv which was fine am awaiting a scart to scart to connect my tv to the denon. I had optical digital from my sky+ box to the sony dav & will do the same with the denon my question is I also had video & audio out cables running to the Sony dav (not sure why can only guess it was if the digital signal ceased it would switch to analog?) is it advisable to do the same with the Denon or am I over egging it? My tv is a sony 32FQ75. Glad of any advice. Paul.

2. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Optical is fine avoid the composite video in/out and s-video. Best to use component or if not then RGB Scart.

3. sonysbest

sonysbest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers Caimbeul so just the scart to scart is enough? I've read a few people on this forum saying they run audio leads from the TV to the Denon aswell what's the advantage of this? I don't think I'd benefit cos I watch all my TV thru Sky so presumably everything would be coming thru the digital optical? Sorry to appear dim Duh! Paul.

4. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Scart carries audio for one but you have the digital audion coming direct from your Sky+ box to the Denon, there is no need to divert audio through the TV.

Connect everything you can directly to the Denon. Only start diverting stuff through the TV into the Denon if you run out of connections.