1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connections to AE700

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by 1Jazzy, Jun 7, 2005.

1. 1Jazzy

1Jazzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I am going to be an owner of an AE700 in a few days and I am currently planning all the different connections that have to go into it. I would appreciate a little help connecting my DVD player to the projector. I own a Marantz 4100, which has got composite, S-video and SCART (RGB through SCART) outputs. I also own a Marantz SR5500 receiver. Which of the following 'picture paths'/connections is best?

1) S-video to receiver => receiver upconverts to component => connect component to AE700

2) RGB through SCART => directly to AE700 -> can the AE700 handle RGB signal well? I need at least a 3m SCART-SCART cable for this. Is running a long SCART cable a bad idea?

I know that the AE700 has got a decent deinterlacer/scaler for the money, so I would like your opinion.

(FYI, I will also be running a DVI-HDMI cable from my PC, sending 720p signal, but I need the flexibility/practicality of the separate DVD player, for the wife etc.)

Many thanks!

2. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I would just run the DVD scart to the AE700 scart. That's what I do and the pictures great, plus you get aspect control signals through the scart. 3m isn't that long as long as you get a decent cable.
    Also you could connect the PC to the HDMI imput at the same time. No need for compromise.